What’s the latest way to turn a quick buck? Try turning over your old mobile phone to an ecoATM, a machine that scans devices ranging from phones to MP3 players to determine their worth and then pays consumers cash for them. Compensation ranges from just a few dollars to more than $200 depending on the device. The San Diego-based ecoATM company resells or recycles the gadgets it receives.
Learn more about ecoATMS on “Nightline” tonight at 11:35 p.m. ET and below, check out other paths to making and saving money.
- From Junk to Blogs: Seven Strange Ways to Make Money
- Penny Hoarders: Could They Cash In on Thousands?
- When Thrift Is a Family’s Way of Life
- Extreme Savers: College Students Adopt Cheapskate Mentality
- Super Couponers Clip Their Way to Savings
- Secrets of Frequent Flyers: Tips to Racking Up Travel Points