ABC News’ Becky Worley reports:
Lots of the biggest doorbusters came and went on Thanksgiving, but the good news is many stores held fast to the Black Friday tradition and are offering their best deals today. And if you’re planning to do any shopping at all, you’ll definitely want the best bang for your buck. Check out my picks below for best Black Friday deals.
1. Vizio TV, $498 ($150 off). Get it at Sam’s Club at 7 a.m. Friday.
2. ASUS X401Laptop, $249 (75% off). Get it at Radio Shack at 8 a.m. Friday.
3. Apple products, 10-15% off. In their only sale of the year, many of Apple’s most popular products will be discounted.
4. Clarisonic Mia facial brush, $99 ($26 off). Get it at Nordstrom’s Friday.
5. Camoflauge Recliner, $349 ($200 off). Get it at Cabela’s Friday.
6. Full-priced Lego construction products and full-priced Barbie-branded fashion dolls, fashion doll accessories and fashion doll playsets, 30% off. Get them at Walmart 8 a.m. until 2 p.m.
7. Washer/Dryer combo, $499 ($200 off). Get them at KMart 6 a.m. until 10 a.m.
8. Pressure Washer, $69 ($30 off). Get them at KMart 6 a.m. until 10 a.m.
9. Samsung Galaxy S4, $.96 cents Get it at Sam’s Club at 7 a.m. Friday.
10. MacBook Pro, $150 off. Get it at Best Buy at 10 a.m.
But why brave the crowds when according to an analysis of last year’s Black Friday Deals, 70 percent of deals in-store were also online for the same price. Here are my picks for the best deals online this Black Friday, and remember, even though they aren’t literally door busters, some of these are limited quantity and may be out of stock.
At Amazon, the HTC One is $.01. It was $199 last week, marked down to $49 in the lead up to Thanksgiving, but now $.01 with a contract (ATT, Sprint and Verizon)
Toshiba Satellite C50-AST3NX2 Intel Ivy Bridge Core i3 2.4GHz 15.6″ LED-Backlit Laptop
From Toshiba via eBay
Deal: $324.99 +free shipping
This is the lowest price online by $80 for this laptop. It is a budget laptop being sold by Toshiba via EBay. It has a 750 GB hard drive so that’s a lot more storage than you normally get for this price. It’s not the newest processor on the market, but it is a dual core and outside of a wait in line for a doorbuster, this is one of the best deals for a laptop you will see all week.
Desktop Replacement Laptop
Dell Inspiron 17R Intel Haswell Core i7 1.8GHz 17.3″ LED-Backlit Laptop
From: Dell Home
Deal: $699.99 with coupon code “HF08ZLDCXJM19W” with free shipping
It’s the lowest price online by $390. This is a 17″ future-proofed powerhouse of a computer with a Haswell Core i7 chipset, a TB of hard drive storage and 8GB of ram. Side note: it’s heavy and not very portable.
* Recommendations from our friends at Dealnews.com
SITEWIDE CLOTHING DEALS:
My favorite types of clothing deals online are when an entire site is marked down.
Today and this weekend you should try on clothes in-store and buy online (or take your smartphone out with you and get big clothing chains to match their online prices).
60% off everything plus a $25 gift card if you spend $100
40% off everything with the code: get40
$40 off orders over $200 spent with code: FRIDAY40
50% off your entire purchase
25% off entire site w/ code gift
30% off almost everything with code HOLIDAY through December 1.
40% to 60% off everything on Black Friday with code: ththanks40
Britax Car Seats
Deal Price: 30% off all Britax Carseats
These things cost a fortune but are worth every penny, and Britax is the Rolls Royce in the category. They don’t often get a blanket discount so if you want a gift for a parent-to-be this is a great deal.
Online Shopping Tips:
*If you don’t meet the minimum free-shipping amount, buy something else. You can always return it in store.
*If a store doesn’t have a sale on right now but you are coveting an item, set a deal watch app like Shopittome that will tell you when it goes on sale.
*Get the Slice app or sign up online. You give it your email address where all your online receipts and shipping notifications are sent, and it combs through your inbox and keeps track of where all your stuff is. No more going to FedEx or UPS to track packages. It also tells you if an item you purchased has had a price drop so you can call the retailer for a refund if they have a price guarantee.