With less than 48 hours left until Christmas, there’s a desperate push for last-minute deals. And you probably want to hit the aisles ASAP because, according to BMO Capital Markets, discounts are up 13 percent from last year, the highest they’ve been since 2008.
In addition to huge savings, many stores are trying to lure customers by extending their hours.
Stores open 24/7 until Christmas Eve:
- Kohl’s – until 6 p.m. Christmas Eve
- Macy’s – until 6 p.m. Christmas Eve
- Toys “R” Us – until 9 p.m. Christmas Eve
If you order today, these online options that will still arrive by Christmas:
- Sears – 4 p.m.
- Kmart – 4 p.m.
- Toys “R” Us – noon
- Amazon.com – some select local items can be ordered as late as Christmas Eve for delivery in time for Santa.
Awesome Last-Minute Discounts:
- iPhone 5S – 40 percent off for $124.99 with a two-year contract.
- $10 for every $50 you spend
- 50 percent off some scooters for as low as $20.
Still unsure whether you’re getting an incredible deal? Go to comparison sites like Pricegrabber.com, enter the product name and seconds later see who really scores the best deal.
Also note this big secret:
Some of those “after-Christmas” sales are actually starting today and Tuesday, so be sure to ask about pre-sales.
Correction: “Good Morning America” would like to apologize for reporting the wrong price for an iPad Air 128GB at Walmart. The correct price is $799. The iPad Air 16GB is priced at $499. We regret any inconvenience this has caused.