Tweeters have spoken and their favorite couple from Monday night’s “Dancing With the Stars” was David and Kym.
Nearly 46 percent of all the tweets about David Arquette and Kym Johnson during Monday’s episode were positive, according to data provided by Topsy Labs. That bested the couple in second place by 5 percentage points.
Conversely, the data also showed that only 19 percent all tweets about Chynna Phillips and Tony Dovolani were positive, the lowest percentage of the remaining couples. Phillips and Dovolani were booted from the show Tuesday evening.
The appearance of Chaz Bono’s famous mother, Cher, in the audience got lots of support from tweeters, according to the Topsy Labs data. Hope Solo’s appearance in ESPN Magazine’s Body Issue and Ricki Lake’s weight loss were also hot topics.
Topsy Labs examined tweets about “Dancing With the Stars” Monday evening from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. ET (through the west coast broadcast). Here’s how each couple ranked:
- David Arquette & Kym Johnson: 45.69 percent of tweets positive
- Carson Kresley & Anna Trebunskaya: 40.91 percent of tweets positive
- Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 40.65 percent of tweets positive
- Robert Kardashian & Cheryl Burke: 36.36 percent of tweets positive
- Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: 35.29 percent of tweets positive
- Ricki Lake & Derek Hough: 34.01 percent of tweets positive
- J.R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff: 30.14 percent of tweets positive
- Ron Artest & Peta Murgatroyd: 29.27 percent of tweets positive
- Nancy Grace & Tristan MacManus: 20.89 percent of tweets positive
- Chynna Phillips & Tony Dovolani: 18.63 percent of tweets positive