A relative unknown in the U.S. when the season began, American TV audiences have taken to the chart-topping mezzo-soprano from Wales.
Jenkins, 31, visited " Good Morning America" today to sing a classic Irish folk song, accompanied by none other than Ballas on the guitar. (Talk about a multi-talented duo.)
Jenkins, 31, has sold 7 million albums since launching her career in 2004. Besides being an acclaimed classical singer, what else should we know about her?
Jenkins opened up and told "GMA" seven things fans might not know about her:
1. I'm named after my grandmother Katherine, who was also a singer in her local chapel. People still tell me today that she had a lovely voice.
2. I'm highly superstitious and always have to put on my right shoe before my left, amongst many other things.
3. I used to be a tour guide on the London Eye so I could give you a pretty good rundown on the history of the monuments on the London skyline.
4. I once sung at Barbara Streisand's birthday party.
5. I nearly choked on some fake snow on a German TV show. I was rushed off stage and taken in an ambulance to hospital.
6. My favorite film is Forest Gump.
7. I've been to lunch with the Queen.