For any hairy summer scare, Rodney Cutler, owner of Cutler/Redken Salons in New York and Miami, has some secrets exclusively for our "Good Afternoon America" viewers - ways to keep your hair looking healthy and vibrant all summer long.
Rodney's Tips for Maintaining Sexy Summer Locks:
1. Always use a product that has UV protection
2. Wear a hat
3. Put conditioner on your hair before you jump in the pool or the ocean. It will create a barrier and fill up the hair shaft so the color molecules can't escape. It will also help retain moisture. Choose a really thick cream conditioner or mask.
4. Chlorine, salt, and sun exposure are the worst. Any way you can protect against those will help save your hair.
5. Braids are great. They can go from wet to dry with little or no maintenance.
6. Head scarves look chic and protect your hair from the sun. For a very '50s style, tie the knot in the front near your part, or wear the scarf as a headband.