An autopsy is being performed today on the body of Joey Kovar, a "Real World" alum who spoke openly about his past battles with addiction.
The 29-year-old "The Real World: Hollywood" alum was found bleeding from the ears and nose in an apartment on Friday morning, TMZ reported.
Kovar was pronounced dead at the scene by Chicago Ridge, Ill., police and firefighters.
Authorities said in a statement there were no signs of foul play, however the department plans to investigate.
During his time on "The Real World," Kovar left the show mid-season to attend a 30-day program to address his alcohol abuse.
He returned to the "Real World" house following treatment.
The aspiring actor and musician also appeared on "Celebrity Rehab" to treat his addictions to cocaine and ecstasy.
"RIP Joey Kovar my heart breaks. My love and prayers go out to your family," cast mate Mackenzie Phillips tweeted.
The Kovar family told the Chicago Tribune they don't believe Joey died of an overdose.
""That is not what anyone is suspecting, my brother was doing very well," said Joey's brother, David Kovar. "Everything was going very well. The very, very last thing that our family is suspecting is drugs."