Nothing says holidays like “Oprah’s Favorite Things.” The legendary talk-show host is back with her hand-picked selections, which are sure to be at the top of many wish-lists this season.
While the list features luxurious items with a hefty price tag (a $3,099 Q37ci elliptical trainer and $4,999 HD 46-inch entertainment system from Bose), “Good Morning America” got a sneak peek of Winfrey’s top five favorites under $100. At that price point, these picks are things you’ll love to give or keep for yourself.
Adam Glassman, creative director of O, The Oprah Magazine, who worked with Winfrey since May to narrow it down to the 49 products that made the final list, appeared live on “Good Morning America” today.
1. Julep Nail Polish Set
- These 12 gorgeous toxin-free nail polishes were all hand-curated by Winfrey and come in this limited-edition, white lacquer box that makes a fun gift for the holidays. Exclusively for O, The Oprah Magazine, the 12 nail polishes are originally $168, but are now $84 w/code OPRAH on julep.com.
2. Yedi Housewares Sauce Trays
- If you like to entertain, this set of four porcelain bowls are great for dipping sauces, candies, nuts — you name it. They come with a matching tray and the bright colors work for any occasion. At only $20, they are a true value and you can find them at your local Macy’s.
3. Bougainvillea Bracelets
- Oprah fell in love with these bangles. The cuff bracelets are made with brass and beads and come in a range of colors. The bracelets are originally $39, but are available for $31 each w/code OPRAH at bouganvilleaboutique.com.
4. Carousel Cakes Blue Velvet Cake
- Carousel Cakes have been around since 1965, but Winfrey’s staffers “fell hard” for this blue velvet version when sampling items for this year’s “Favorite Things” list. It has cream cheese icing, sugar snowflakes and pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee or a glass of champagne. Originally $42, you can have one for $34 w/code OPRAH on carouselcakes.com.
- The staff at O, The Oprah Magazine, went gaga for this gadget, the “corkcicle,” designed to keep wine chilled. Just pull the “corkcicle” out of the freezer and insert into any bottle of wine that needs to stay cool. At $25, it’s a great gift for wine lovers in your life. Available at corkcicle.com.
For the full list of her favorite things, visit Winfrey’s website. “Oprah’s Favorite Things” airs as a two-hour primetime special airs on OWN on Nov. 18.
O, The Oprah Magazine kicks off its annual “12-Day Holiday Give-O-Way” sweepstakes, which awards twelve lucky readers with the ultimate holiday wish: every item featured in the 2012 O List “Favorite Things” gift guide. The sweepstakes runs Nov. 26 through Dec. 7. To learn how you can enter the 12-Day Holiday Give-O-Way, visit oprah.com/12days.