From cameos including Julianne Moore, Salma Hayek, Nancy Pelosi, Ice-T and Conan O’Brien to the usual Liz Lemon shenanigans, Thursday’s “30 Rock” series finale was every bit the wrap-up fans expected and more. Below, some of the finale’s best lines. Spoiler alert: If you haven’t seen the show, don’t continue reading.
1. Liz Lemon: Chris has gone back to work. He has a degree in ethnomusicology from Wesleyan, so, he’s a receptionist at a dental office.
2. Liz: You know, I’m reminded of something Yoda once said – ‘Hrmm, oh, dark times are these.’
3. Liz: Even though now I’m concentrating on being a mom –
Kenneth Parcell: You’ve always had the body for it.
4. Jack Donaghy: As I was taught in Six Sigma – analyze, strategize, succeed. I’m going to crush this problem. With my ASS.
5. Jenna Maroney: Goodbye forever, you soup line at a gay homeless shelter.
6. Tracy Jordan (about Kenneth): He doesn’t have meetings, he’s avoiding me. What am I, my son’s piano recital?
7. Jack: I got the job, I pissed off my enemies – Pelosi, Maddow, Baldwin – it should’ve been the greatest moment of my life.
8. Liz: You’re just an alcoholic with a great voice.
9. Jack: For your information, most of Tan Penis Island was destroyed in Sting’s house fire.
10. Conan O’Brien (to Liz): We were going to lose our virginity to each other! Now I’ll never lose it.
11. Jack: I spent Christmas alone in the Hamptons drinking Scotch and throwing firecrackers at Billy Joel’s dog.
12. Jenna: I’m an actor, and acting is all cheap tricks that any child or monkey could do. To act drunk, you just wear two different sized heels, and to cry, you just clutch a shard of broken glass.