After Amanda Bynes accused a police officer of inappropriately touching her during her arrest last week in New York City, an NYPD spokesman told ABC News that the department would investigate her claim. They did.
“Internal Affairs investigators have found no evidence to corroborate Ms. Bynes’ allegations,” the NYPD said in a statement. “To the contrary, a credible civilian witness who was with the officers throughout told investigators that none touched Ms. Bynes inappropriately or otherwise engaged in misconduct at any time.”
Bynes, 27, was arrested Thursday evening after she allegedly threw a bong from her apartment window. On Saturday, she tweeted, “I never had a bong in my life!” , and then later threatened to sue the police for their treatment of her.
“My lawyer and I are taking this mistake extremely seriously! You cannot illegally enter my apartment then take me to mental hospital without any grounds,” she tweeted. “I have never been so offended in my life. They found nothing criminal on me or around me, one cop then sexually assaulted me, so I’m suing for all of the above! I’ll be happy when I get money compensation from the cop who assaulted me and NYPD for wrongfully arresting me and having me put into a mental hospital and jail overnight! I don’t want to keep talking about it.”
Bynes has been charged with tampering with physical evidence, reckless endangerment and criminal possession of marijuana. Her next court date is July 9.