We’re counting down to our big series kicking off Monday — Totally Awesome ’80s Week on “GMA”! With a little help from our anchors and staff, as well as our Facebook and Twitter followers, here are eight more things we LOVE about the ’80s.
25) “GMA” anchor @biannagolodryga: What I loved about the ’80s…”Winning the cold war by making a banned mix tape for my cousin who still lived in the USSR made up of Whitesnake, Depeche Mode and Huey Lewis & the News.”
(Credit: the Shaker family)
26) GMA staffer @shakerpearl: “I was born in the 80s so that was a pretty big milestone in my life. I enjoyed my little pony which hurts to admit but I also loved the ninja turtles which I’m very proud of.”
27) Vikki Skube Richey ANYTHING John Hughes, parachute pants, atari and of course, ALL 80′s music and the big hair!!!
28) Jenny McDowell I can’t wait to see the cast of The Princess Bride together, love that movie!
29) Veronica Anzaldua Ledezma Madonna, Michael & Janet Jackson, The Goonies, Footloose, Top Gun, Dirty Dancing, Back to the Future, Karate Kid, Hair bands, Nintendo……..
30) Melanie Perkins McLaughlin Flashdance and banana clips.
31) Charlee Langley OMG!!! RICK SPRINGFIELD WAS THE BEST THING ABOUT THE 80′s. I JUMPED ON STAGE W/HIM WHEN I WAS 15 IN AMARILLO, TEXAS… IT DEFINED MY HIGH SCHOOL STATUS.
32) Ingrid Tenggren 12-inch, dance-single vinyls…my fav was “Dance with Somebody” by Whitney Houston….we loved the Big Hair, we loved the Big Shoulder Pads…because WE WERE…ALL THAT… :)