Primetime Special Airs Wednesday, January 5, 10:00 p.m., ET
With the New Year and new resolutions on the horizon, ABC News takes a look at weight loss — how some celebrities have done it and their secrets to success. ABC News will air an hour-long special anchored by Nightline’s Cynthia McFadden, “Primetime: Celebrity Weight Loss – What Really Happens” on Wednesday, January 5 (10:00 – 11:00 p.m. ET.) on ABC. The program tells the inside story of weight loss – from fad diets, to drastic surgeries, to old fashioned diet and exercise, the special reveals the do’s and don’ts of successfully getting and keeping the pounds off. The message of 2011 seems to be portion control, occasional indulgence, and overall healthier living.
On “Primetime: Celebrity Weight Loss – What Really Happens”:
- “Nightline” Anchor Cynthia McFadden sits down with Ricki Lake, who discusses her dramatic weight loss and how she’s kept it off for 15 years — and her new initiative to help combat childhood obesity.
- ABC News Correspondent Andrea Canning speaks to former Playboy Playmate Kendra Wilkinson, who talks about losing weight after her pregnancy.
- ABC News Correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi talks to trainer to the stars Tracy Anderson who breaks down the real deal behind the “baby food diet.”
- ABC News Correspondent Chris Connelly goes behind the scenes at Us Weekly to discuss the magazine’s coverage of diets and weight loss.
- ABC “Good Morning America” Anchor Juju Chang profiles natural food chef Bethenny Frankel.
James Goldston is the executive producer of “Celebrity Weight Loss — What Really Happens.”