900 Thousand Unique Users Visited OTUS News
Match-O-Matic Interactive a Landslide Victor; Matches Users with Candidates on Issues
NEW YORK, NY, December 20, 2011 - Since ABC News announced the launch of OTUS News Monday morning, the interactive destination for political news, analysis games and interactives more than 1 million page views have been recorded on the beta site.
OTUS NEWS features the trusted political reporting and analysis of ABC News and invites users into the American political process with groundbreaking technology, engaging video, and immersive interactive experiences.
The site’s day one performance solidifies it as a leading online political news destination in a field including CNN Politics, MSNBC and POLITICO.
In case you were not one of the many users who jumped in the action on day one, here is Jake Tapper’s tour of OTUS News as well as some of the key features and interactives available at launch.
Source: Statistics are based on Omniture data for Monday, December 19.
OTUS News: http://abcnews.go.com/politics/otus
Screengrabs of Wesbite: http://abcnews.go.com/images/Site/abc_otus_news_main_111216_custom.jpg
Hot Features @ Launch:
- Political Stock Market: Breakthrough technology combines the collective analysis of our political experts at ABC News and social sentiment from publicly available Facebook & Twitter comments, search, trending, and influencer data compiled and weighted in collaboration with Bluefin Labs. The market is open 7am-7pm ET, Monday-Friday, and is always visible at http://otusnews.com.
- Match-o-Matic: Engaging, playful yet informative interactive challenges users to answer a series of policy questions on subjects ranging from the economy & jobs to security & health care to find their top three political candidate matches in the 2012 field
- Game Changers: It’s not your traditional Map to 270. Pick the Republican contender you’d like to take on President Obama and game out the path to the victory. Or, go back in time and play a fantasy match-up, pitting any presidential contender since 1960 against another. Obama ’08 v. Reagan ’84. Nixon ’72 v. Kennedy ’60. What’s your Hall of Fame Game?
- Original Digital Video: Politics in a Flash delivers the latest political news from the trail & Washington – Now I Get It explains politics terms and concepts in animated, :90 infographics – Candidates in :60 is a constantly updated, fast-forward review of each candidate’s life & career to-date, and Politically Foul reviews the not-top-plays of the week or the moments the campaigns would rather forget
- Daily Features: By The Numbers highlights a symbolic number, why it’s critical to the country, and what it might mean for our politics , Thrill of Victory, Agony of Defeat captures the good, bad and ugly moments from the campaign trail, Political Wisdom brings out the best quotes of the current contest and politics past, The Scorecard scrolls the best, constantly updating ABC News politics content, all in addition to unique photojournalism, interactive votes, and ABC News’ political all-stars including George Stephanopoulos, Jake Tapper, John Berman, Jonathan Karl, Amy Walter & Rick Klein
About ABC News
ABC News delivers a big picture understanding of the world to empower and inspire viewers to make confident decisions for themselves and their families. More people get their news from ABC News than from any other source. ABC News is responsible for all of the ABC Television Network’s news programming on a variety of platforms: television, radio, and the Internet. With an average television and radio audience of 180 million people in a given month, ABC News surpasses the competition. More than 2,400 affiliate stations broadcast ABC News Radio’s global news coverage. In addition, ABC News NOW is a 24-hour news and information network currently available to 44 million users across cable, broadband, and mobile platforms. NewsOne, the affiliate news service of ABC News, provides live and packaged news, sports, and weather reports, as well as footage of news events, to 200 ABC affiliates and more than 30 domestic and international clients. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/press-release/