Politics are front and center as the nation heads into the 2012 election. No team is better positioned to deliver up-to-the-minute news and in-depth analysis than ABC News’ and Yahoo! News’ political anchors and correspondents. Now viewers can tune in for the latest political headlines, insider reporting, and smart conversations on their desktop computers, tablets, or phones wherever they are.
Tune in every weekday for the hottest political news from the most trusted reporters in Washington and the campaign trail. The “Power Players” weekly menu includes:
- George’s Bottom Line: As one of politics’ most respected voices and anchor of “Good Morning America” and “This Week,” George Stephanopoulos cuts through the noise and offers a no-nonsense look at the biggest political stories driving the news cycle. Who is up, down or out? George will give you his “bottom line” on what to watch for in the coming week.
- Political Punch With Jake Tapper: ABC News’ Senior Washington Correspondent Jake Tapper takes you behind the curtain of the White House press corps, offering an exclusive look at the hottest topics inside the Beltway from social trends, to politics, pop culture, and media.
- Spinners and Winners With Jonathan Karl: No one knows the ins and outs of the halls of the Capitol and the campaign trail like ABC News’ Senior Political Correspondent Jonathan Karl. He will untangle the spin and rhetoric from campaign ads and speeches in the hottest national and local races.
- Top Line: Ever wish you could eavesdrop on some of Washington’s most tuned-in reporters’ lunchtime conversations as they trade insights and anecdotes from the trail? Well, now you can with returning Web favorite “Top Line,” hosted by ABC News’ Political Director Amy Walter, ABC News’ Washington Editor Rick Klein, and Yahoo! News’ Washington Bureau Chief David Chalian. The dynamic trio will size up the political players, missteps, and trends as only they can.
- Politically Foul With John Berman: Politics is a full-contact sport and no one knows that better than sports/politics junkie John Berman of ABC News. He will take a look at campaign news through the eyes of the ultimate referee , calling fouls and giving penalties.
These shows will air online weekly as part of the “Power Players” series at http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/and on Yahoo!’s Livestand and Screen mobile platforms on February 8, 2012.