Girl, 11, Electrocuted Playing Mini-Golf

Jun 28, 2012 4:30pm
abc death mini golf 120628 wblog Girl, 11, Electrocuted Playing Mini Golf

Credit: ABC News

Police in Florida have solved the mysterious death of an 11-year-old at a putt-putt golf course, finding the girl died from electrocution while trying to retrieve a ball from a course pond.

 

An ambulance crew responded to an emergency call Wednesday afternoon at the Orange Lake Resort in Celebration,  Fla., where they found the girl Ashton Jojo, 11, to be unresponsive.

 

Jojo, of Latham, N.Y.,  had just celebrated her birthday on Friday and was on vacation in the Orlando area with her family.

 

“During her game, the victim’s golf ball fell into a small pond that is located inside the golf area.  When the victim attempted to retrieve her ball from the pond, she screamed as if she was in distress,” the Orange County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.

 

A bystander, Christopher Burges, heard the girl screaming and attempted to rescue her but was also injured and unable to.

 

“The Medical Examiner ruled cause of death in this case to be electrocution,” said police. “Detectives are still examining what led to the water in the pond to be unsafe.”

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer. Please click here to upgrade your browser in order to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus