Diane Sawyer to Anchor a Special One-Hour Edition of “ABC World News” from Newtown, Connecticut
Diane Sawyer and Chris Cuomo to Co-Anchor a Special Edition of “20/20″ at 10:00PM, ET
A Special One-Hour Edition of ”Nightline” Will Provide the Whole Picture of the Day’s Events at 11:35PM, ET
ABC News will provide continuing coverage of the tragic shooting at an elementary school in Newton, Connecticut across all broadcasts and platforms.
- “World News with Diane Sawyer” (6:30 p.m., ET): Diane Sawyer will anchor a special one-hour edition of “World News” from the scene of the shooting.
- “20/20: Tragedy at the Elementary School” (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET): Diane Sawyer and Chris Cuomo will anchor a special edition of “20/20″ from Newtown, Connecticut.
- “Nightline” (11:35 p.m., ET): Cynthia McFadden will anchor a special expanded one-hour edition of “Nightline” from the scene in Connecticut.
ABC News anchors and correspondents are reporting on this story throughout the day for all platforms including -
- ABC News’ David Muir will anchor special reports from ABC News Headquarters throughout the day.
- “World News” Anchor Diane Sawyer, “20/20″ Anchor Chris Cuomo, “Nightline” Anchor Cynthia McFadden, “GMA” News Anchor Josh Elliott, Amy Robach, Dan Harris, Chief Health and Medical Editor Dr. Richard Besser will report from the scene in Connecticut for ABC News broadcasts.
- Senior Justice Correspondent Pierre Thomas, Chief Investigative Correspondent Brian Ross, and Senior National Correspondent Jim Avila report on the investigation, details about the shooter, and the history of mass shootings.
- ABC News Radio is providing continuing coverage to stations with reporting from Radio Correspondent Aaron Katersky in Connecticut.
- ABC NewsOne, the affiliate news service of ABC News, will provide live and taped reports to its domestic and international clients throughout the day from Mark Greenblatt in Connecticut.
ABC News has been broadcasting special reports to the ABC Television Network throughout the day with the latest information as the story develops. Diane Sawyer anchored two special reports this morning (watch) as information became available.
ABCNews.com will be producing live, multi-stream digital coverage throughout the day. ABC News will continue to deliver up-to-the-minute updates throughout the day online and across its social media platforms – including @ABC on Twitter and facebook.com/ABCNews.
More than a dozen people, including elementary school children, were shot and killed at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school this morning, federal and state sources tell ABC News. A shooting erupted at a Connecticut school this morning, prompting the town of Newtown to lock down all of its schools and draw SWAT teams to the school, authorities said today. The latest on this developing story here: http://abcn.ws/Th7ISr.