ABC News Will Offer Three Simultaneous Live Video Streams, Interactive Features and Original Web-Only Video Content for Complete Coverage of the 2013 Presidential Inauguration
ABC News and Yahoo! News have come together to jointly produce live stream coverage of the 2013 Presidential Inauguration of Barack Obama across ABCNews.com, Yahoo! News, GoodMorningAmerica.com, ABC News’ iPad & iPhone apps, ABC News affiliate websites, as well as on the ABC News YouTube channel.
ABC News-Yahoo! News live-streamed coverage of The 2nd Inauguration of Barack Obama kicks off on Sunday, January 20th with a special report on the President’s official oath of office at 11:55 a.m. ET, followed by continuous coverage on Monday, January 21st from 9:30 a.m. until 5:00 pm ET, anchored by ABC News’ Dan Harris along with Yahoo! News’ Olivier Knox. ABC News’ team of anchors and correspondents will contribute to special live stream coverage throughout the day including:
- Business Correspondent Bianna Golodryga in New York
- Digital Correspondent Dan Kloeffler reporting from the National Mall
- Senior Washington Editor Rick Klein in D.C.
- Correspondent Reena Ninan talking to crowds along the parade route
Coverage will also include on-the-ground reporting and analysis from Yahoo! News’ Jeff Greenfield, Phoebe Connelly, Chris Moody, Holly Bailey, and Walter Shapiro, along with a line-up of all-star guests, contributors and Washington insiders including:
- Ben Smith, Editor-in-Chief for BuzzFeed
- Walter Schieb, former White House Executive Chef
- Kevin Caffee, Senior Editor for Washington Life
- Lori Bergamotto, Fashion Writer for Lucky Magazine
- Eric Draper, Official Photographer for George W. Bush
- Michael Waldman, former Speechwriter for President Bill Clinton
Evening coverage will continue with a live feed from both inaugural balls. ABC News and Yahoo! News will also stream a special post-inaugural show “After: The 2nd Inauguration of President Barack Obama” on Tuesday, January 22nd at 10:00am ET, anchored by ABC News’ Dan Kloeffler and Yahoo! News’ Phoebe Connelly.
From the Presidential swearing-in ceremony to the inaugural parade down Pennsylvania Avenue, ABC News and Yahoo! News will deliver live, streaming access to one of the most important days in U.S. history. In addition, ABC News will incorporate enhanced navigation, interactive features and infographics to encourage participation from viewers such as:
- 2013 Parade Route with Embedded Video Player: An in-depth look at the President’s movements throughout the day from the procession to the White House, including parade route markers, a historic look at the past Presidents and interior views of the U.S. Capitol.
- Inauguration 2013: Famous Speeches of the Past: A photographic look at history featuring the most memorable moments and words spoken on the National Mall, from Abraham Lincoln’s inaugural address (1861) to the Million Man March (1995) and the 175th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence (1951).
- Who’s Who at the Podium: An interactive hover graphic of the 2013 Presidential swearing-in featuring biographical information and factoids on the President’s guests.
- Breaking Hashtags: A tool helping viewers search trending topics and the latest, most interesting discussions on Twitter.
The ABC News Political Unit will provide complete, comprehensive coverage of all the must-see inauguration moments on ABCNews.com and its network of political blogs including George’s Bottom Line, The Note, and OTUSNews.com. Editorial content will include stories, photo slideshows, inauguration trivia and original, web-only videos such as “History of the Inauguration” and “Politically Dressed.”
The ABC News iPad App will also offer tablet users all-day access to live video, interactive graphics and a continuously updated social feed. The live stream feed can be found on ABCNews.com, located at abcnews.com/live, and includes:
- Three simultaneous live video streams featuring the biggest stories and perspectives throughout Inauguration Day, including a live feed from both inaugural balls.
- Dynamic Inauguration Day surveying powered by GoPollGo, providing viewers an interactive experience as they vote on key issues and share their opinions with other users across the country.
- A social feed powered by Storify, curated to include the best photos, videos, stories and commentary on Inauguration Day.
- A detailed calendar on the live stream page highlighting the day’s most important video events, including the ceremonial swearing-in, the speech and other announcements.
- An updated Video On-Demand library for accessing all of the key inaugural moments captured on video.
The ABC News-Yahoo! News live-stream is also available through Yahoo! News’ Inauguration Control Room. First introduced as part of Yahoo! News’ election night experience, the Control Room experience puts users in control, allowing them to create a personalized dashboard of events, with the ability to maximize and minimize the features they care about the most, at any moment.
A complete mobile app suite for iPhone, Android, iPad will offer ABC News viewers immediate access to the inaugural schedule of events, including live streamed videos, interactive maps and infographics. ABC News mobile app users can select geo-targeted push alerts for real-time news updates on their phones for an enhanced mobile experience. In addition, ABC News will deliver inauguration coverage to the ABC News Windows 8 app, providing inaugural highlights and video clips to users throughout Inauguration Day.