When People See a Situation that Cries Out for Action,
Do They Step in, Back Away or Just Walk on by?
When you think no one is watching… what would you do? This week, “What Would You Do?” travels down the Mississippi River, stopping Memphis, TN, Jackson, MS, Vicksburg, MS, and New Orleans, LA for an all new hour with some surprising twists. “WHAT WOULD YOU DO?” airs FRIDAY, MAY 30 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on ABC.
Using hidden cameras, “What Would You Do?” establishes everyday scenarios and then captures people’s reactions. Whether people are compelled to act or mind their own business, John Quiñones reports on their split-second and often surprising decision-making process.
Friday, May 23 scenarios Include:
- A white female hairstylist begins flirting with her white male customer. But when his black girlfriend walks in to meet him, the white hairstylist can’t stop herself from voicing her displeasure that he’s with a black girl. Will anyone else at the hair salon speak up? And whose side will they take?
- What will patrons do when confronted with Memphis’s most absent-minded and incompetent waiter?
- How will people at a restaurant react to a gay couple engaging in a public display of affection? What will reactions be when the couple is straight?
- In broad daylight, a thief approaches an unlocked car, reaches in and begins stealing everything he can grab. Will anyone confront him on his blatant attempt at stealing? We try it with a black thief, and then a white thief. What happens?
- There is no shortage of psychics in New Orleans willing to offer advice and details about the future. But sometimes those details come at a very hefty price. What will bystanders do when they witness “What Would You Do’s” fake psychic asking for more and more money for a forecast of the future that might best be described as ”cloudy?”
“What Would You Do?” has won awards from the Chicago International Television Festival and the Avon Foundation’s 2006 Voice of Change award for exposing “injustice and wrongdoing against women and bringing the message of domestic violence to the mainstream.”
David Sloan is senior executive producer and Danielle Rossen is executive producer of “What Would You Do?”
– ABC –