"Good Morning America" is No.1 across All Key Target Demos,
Winning Among A18-49 for First Time in 20 Years
"World News" Ranks No.1 in Adults 25-54 for the First Time in More Than Six Years
"This Week with George Stephanopoulos" Delivers First Demo Win
During Any Quarter in Nearly 17 years
"Nightline" Scores A Quarter Win in Total Viewers
For the First Time Ever in its New Time Slot
"20/20? Delivers its Strongest 2nd Quarter Performance in 8 years in Total Viewers
And in 7 years in Adults 25-54
Yahoo-ABC News Network Marks 28 Consecutive Months as No. 1 Source
For News and Information Online
Highlights from 2Q14:
- "Good Morning America" - #1 across all key target demos, marking the 8th consecutive quarter victory in Total Viewers and 7th in a row in Adults 25-54
- " World News with Diane Sawyer" - #1 in Adults 25-54 for the first time in more than six years
- "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" - #1 in Adults 25-54 to score first demo win during any quarter in nearly 17 years
- "Nightline" - #1 in Total Viewers to score a quarter win for the first time ever in its new time slot
- "20/20? - #1 in both Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54, turning in its strongest 2nd quarter performance in 8 years in Total Viewers and in 7 years in Adults 25-54
- For 28 consecutive months the Yahoo!-ABC News Network has delivered more page views, total unique users and total minutes than any other online news source, making it the #1 source for news and information online
"Good Morning America "
ABC News' "Good Morning America" ranked No. 1 during the 2nd Quarter 2014 across all key target demos: Total Viewers (5.542 million) , Adults 25-54 (2.085 million) and Adults 18-49 (1.509 million) .
- 2Q14 represented "GMA's" 8th consecutive quarter victory in Total Viewers and 7th in a row in Adults 25-54.
- "GMA" scored its first Adults 18-49 quarter win during any quarter in 6 quarters - since 4Q12.
- "GMA" turned its first back-to-back 2nd quarter victories in 18 years in Total Viewers (since 2Q94 and 2Q95) and in 19 years in Adults 25-54 (since 2Q93 and 2Q94).
- GMA" won the 2nd quarter in Adults 18-49 for the first time in 20 years - since 2Q94.
- "GMA" outperformed NBC's "Today" (4.761 million, 1.899 million and 1.502 million) during 2Q14 by +781,000 Total Viewers, by +186,000 Adults 25-54 and by +7,000 Adults 18-49, beating the NBC program by its largest news demo advantage during any quarter in 21 years - since 2Q93.
"World News with Diane Sawyer"
"ABC World News with Diane Sawyer" won the 2nd Quarter 2014 in Adults 25-54 (1.980 million).
- Leading NBC's "Nightly News" (1.964 million) by 16,000 demo viewers, "World News" delivered its first victory for any quarter in more than 6 years and first win during a 2nd quarter in 7 years - since 1Q08 and 2Q07, respectively.
- In Total Viewers, "World News" narrowed its margins with "Nightly News" compared to the previous quarter (-48% - 682,000 vs. 1.317 million for 1Q14) and the year-ago quarter (-13% - 682,000 vs. 786,000 for 2Q13).
- In fact, cutting its year-ago 2nd quarter margin for the 3rd year in a row, "World News" posted its closest 2Q Total Viewer performance with "Nightly News" in 4 years - since 2Q10.
- "World News" built on the year-ago quarter (7.249 million and 1.846 million for 2Q13) in both Total Viewers (+5%) and Adults 25-54 (+7%) to see its strongest 2Q performance in 3 years - since 2Q11.
ABC's "Nightline" won the 2Q14 in Total Viewers (1.693 million), winning a quarter for the first time in its new time slot.
- "Nightline" led NBC's "Late Night with Seth Meyers" (+111,000) and CBS' "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (+298,000).
- "Nightline" outperformed the CBS program by its largest-ever quarter margins across all key target demos: Total Viewers (+298,000) , Adults 25-54 (+113,000) and Adults 18-49 (+72,000).
- "Nightline" improved on its year-ago quarter performance in Total Viewers (+5%) - 1.613 million on 2Q13. In fact, "Nightline" delivered ABC's largest overall audience in the time period during a 2nd quarter in 12 years - since 2Q02.
"This Week with George Stephanopoulos"
ABC News' "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" won the 2nd quarter 2014 in Adults 25-54 (826,000).
- "This Week" captured its first demo win during any quarter in nearly 17 years and first during a 2nd quarter in 20 years - since 3Q97 and 2Q94, respectively.
- Beating NBC's "Meet the Press" in Adults 25-54 for the 4th quarter in a row, "This Week" outperformed the NBC program by its largest news demo advantage for any quarter in more nearly 21 years and biggest during a 2nd quarter in 22 years - since 3Q93 and 2Q92, respectively.
- "This Week" defeated CBS' "Face the Nation" in Adults 25-54 (+45,000) first time during a quarter in nearly 3 years with its largest quarter advantage in nearly 5 years - since 3Q11 and 3Q09, respectively. Further, "This Week" led the CBS program by its largest 2nd quarter lead in 14 years - since 2Q00.
- In Total Viewers, "This Week" outdelivered NBC's "Meet the Press" for the 4th consecutive quarter, leading the NBC program by its largest overall viewer advantage (+421,000) for any quarter in nearly 17 years - since 3Q97.
During the 2nd quarter 2014 in its 10:00 p.m. time period, ABC's "20/20? ranked No. 1 in both Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54.
- The ABC newsmagazine led both its NBC (+33%/+47%, respectively - "Hannibal"/"Crossbones") and CBS (+23%/+10%, respectively - "Blue Bloods") competition during the quarter.
- "20/20? improved on 2Q13 across all key target demos: Total Viewers (+24%), Adults 25-54 (+10%) and Adults 18-49 (+7%), based on Most Current data. In fact, "20/20? turned in its strongest 2nd quarter performance in 8 years in Total Viewers and in 7 years in Adults 25-54 - since 2Q06 and 2Q07, respectively.
- During 2Q14, ABC's "20/20? stood as the No. 1 newsmagazine in both Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54, leading CBS' "60 Minutes" and "48 Hours" and NBC's "Dateline-Fri."
ABC News Digital
As of May 2014, The Yahoo-ABC News Network is the No. 1 source of news and information online for 28 consecutive months.
- 2 billion page views consumed by 68 million unique visitors in June across desktop
- As America's No. 1 morning news show website, GoodMorningAmerica.com on Yahoo delivered over 8 million more unique viewers and 1 million more unique visitors compared to Today in May.
- Additionally, 17.8 million unique visitors turned to GoodMorningAmerica.com on Yahoo in May for the latest breaking news, health, entertainment and lifestyle content 24/7.
- ABC News also launched ABC News on Apple TV, delivering live and on-demand access to the best of ABC News' video, hourly updates, original programming and more.
Source: The Nielsen Company, NTI Total Viewers, Adults 25-54 and Adults 18-49. Most Current - 2Q14: 3/31 - 6/29/14. 1Q14: 12/30/13 - 3/30/14. 2Q13: 4/1 - 6/30/13. All averages based on regular telecasts. Most Current data is the metric ABC has consistently used for many years to report and track quarterly, sweeps and season ratings. It measures all available viewership up to seven days after a program airs. Because there is a two-week lag for Nielsen in processing Live + 7 data, Most Current numbers include Live + 7 data and the two most recent weeks of Live + Same Day data. The second quarter results report Live + 7 data for 3/31/14-6/15/14 and Live + Same Day data for 6/16/14-6/29/14.