“GMA” is #1 for the Week in All Key Measures

By ABCNewsPR

Jul 17, 2014 10:44am

 

  

Outperforming NBC’s “Today” by 826,000 Total Viewers, 317,000 Adults 25-54,

and 81,000 Adults 18-49

 

 ”GMA” Scores Largest News Demo Advantage Over NBC’s “Today” in More than 6 Months

 

 ”GMA” Only Morning Show To Grow Year-to-Year in Adults 25-54 and Adults 18-49

While NBC and CBS Decline by Double-Digits

 

 

ABC News’ “Good Morning America” ranked No. 1 among the morning news programs across all key target demos: Total Viewers (4.864 million), Adults 25-54 (1.800 million) and Adults 18-49 (1.269 million) for the week of July 30, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research. ”GMA” beat NBC’s “Today” (4.038 million, 1.483 million and 1.188 million, respectively) during the week by 826,000 Total Viewers, by 317,000 Adults 25-54 and 81,000 Adults 18-49.  In fact, “GMA” scored its largest news demo advantage over NBC’s “Today” in more than 6 months (since w/o 12/30/13) and 3rd largest this season.  Additionally, GoodMorningAmerica.com on Yahoo! reached over 19 million users last month.

 

“GMA” has won in overall viewers and the key adult news demo every week since the end of the 2014 Winter Olympics 20 weeks ago.  Overall, “GMA” has ranked No. 1 in Total Viewers in 102 of the last 106 weeks (since w/o 6/25/12), finishing behind “Today” only during the two weeks of the 2012 Summer Olympics and the two weeks of the 2014 Winter Olympics.  In Adults 25-54, “GMA” has ranked No. 1 in 38 of the 42 weeks of the season, pacing ahead of the No. 1 finishes at the same point of the 2012-13 Season (33 of 41 weeks*).  In Adults 18-49, “GMA” has ranked No. 1 in 8 of the last 12 weeks.

 

“GMA” was up over the previous week (4.605 million, 1.703 million and 1.227 million, respectively, on w/o 6/30/14) in Total Viewers (+6%), Adults 25-54 (+6%) and Adults 18-49 (+3%).  “GMA” stood as the only program to grow week to week as both “CBS This Morning” (-3%/-4%/-9%) and NBC’s “Today” (-6%/-9%/-8%) posted across the board losses.

 

“GMA” improved on the year ago week (1.734 million and 1.210 million, respectively, on w/o 7/8/13) in Adults 25-54 (+4%) and Adults 18-49 (+5%).  ”GMA” was also the only program to increase year to year in either demo as both “CBS This Morning” (-13%/-18%) and NBC’s “Today” (-17%/-15%) were down by double digits.

 

Season to date, “GMA” stands as the No. 1 morning news program for the 2nd-straight year in both Total Viewers and Adults 25-54. “GMA” is leading NBC’s “Today” by 677,000 Total Viewers and 132,000 Adults 25-54. In fact, “GMA” has widened its season margins over “Today” versus the same point last season in Total Viewers by 3% (677,000 vs. 660,000) and in Adults 25-54 by 67% (132,000 vs. 79,000).  Further, “GMA” now leads “Today” by its largest Adults 25-54 season advantage to-date.  

 

 ”GMA” is posting its largest Total Viewer season margin in more than 22 years and biggest in Adults 25-54 in 22 years over “Today” - since at least the 1991-92 season (Nielsen’s electronic database started on September of 1991) and the 1991-92 season, respectively.

 

Growing in both measures for the 4th season in a row, “GMA” is up over the same point last season in both Total Viewers (+7%) and Adults 25-54 (+9%).  In fact, “GMA” is seeing its largest overall season audience in more than 22 years and best Adults 25-54 performance in 8 years - since before the 1991-92 season and the 2005-06 seasons, respectively. ”GMA” is also up the most in Adults 25-54 compared to “CBS This Morning” (-2%) and NBC’s “Today” (+7%).

 

During the week, “GMA” led “CBS This Morning” in Total Viewers by 71%, while more than doubling in Adults 25-54 (+124%) and Adults 18-49 (+136%).

 

 

WEEK OF 7/7/14                              TOTAL VIEWERS      ADULTS 25-54        ADULTS 18-49     HOUSEHOLDS

GOOD MORNING AMERICA   4,864,000     1.5/13;    1,800,000   1.0/11;   1,269,000                3.6/15

TODAY                                                       4,038,000     1.2/11;       1,483,000   0.9/11;   1,188,000                  3.1/13

CBS THIS MORNING                             2,845,000     0.7/ 6;         804,000   0.4/ 5;      537,000                     2.1/ 9

 

Source: The Nielsen Company, NTI Total Viewers, Adults 25-54 and Adults 18-49 Live + SD weeks of 7/7/14, 6/30/14 and 7/8/13, or as dated.  Most Current: 2013-2014 Season (9/23/13 – 7/13/14) and 2012-2013 Season (9/24/12 – 7/14/13).  Due to coverage of Hurricane Sandy, w/o 10/29/12 was coded as a breakout and is excluded from the season count and averages.   

 

Emmy Award-winning “GMA,” featuring the anchor team of Robin Roberts, George Stephanopoulos, Lara Spencer, Amy Robach and Ginger Zee airs live Mon.-Fri. (7:00-9:00 a.m., ET) on ABC. Tom Cibrowski is senior executive producer.

 

- ABC -

SHOWS:
You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer. Please click here to upgrade your browser in order to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus