It’s National Chocolate Cupcake Day. What are you doing to celebrate?
“Good Morning America” has a ton of delicious chocolate cupcake recipes you can make for friends and family. Perfect for birthdays, bake sales, or just curbing your chocolate fix, these recipes are sure to bring a little sunshine to your day.
Here are a few tips on how to make your cupcakes look more like the ones at the bakery:
1. Consistency is key: Pipe batter into muffin cups or scoop batter using an ice cream scoop to create equal sized cupcakes.
2. Don’t over mix: Over mixing the batter causes a much more dense, tougher cupcake. Mix the batter until it is just incorporated to guarantee a lighter, fluffier result.
3. Baking is a science: Don’t estimate a cup of flour, measure it. The more consistent and exact you are in following a recipe, the better the cupcake.
4. Cool off: There’s no bigger mess that trying to frost a hot cupcake with cool icing. Let the cupcakes cool completely and then pipe or use a spatula to frost them with your favorite icing.
5. Use high-quality ingredients: If you can afford it, go for better quality ingredients. High-quality baking chocolate or using vanilla beans in your icing creates a much more flavorful product.
Here’s a few of our favorite recipes to try at home: