No need to pack those boring sandwiches for this year’s picnic. It’s easy to create a portable, gourmet feast. Gail Simmons, Food & Wine magazine’s special projects director, has collected her favorite products and recipes for a memorable outdoor meal.
1. Core Bamboo’s Modern Cutlery Set: This stylish outdoor flatware is made with organic bamboo and is available in fun, bright colors. It’s also durable for dinners outside.
2. West Elm’s Clinton Friedman Melamine Plates: These colorful plates add tropical flair to your feast. Made of melamine, they are reusable and durable.
3. West Elm’s Yarn-Dyed Napkin Set: Fashionable and functional, these pretty machine washable napkins add color and texture to your outdoor table.
4. Core Bamboo’s 7 Piece Sandwich Board Set: Made from organic bamboo, this portable set is perfect for serving snacks like veggies, cheese, grapes and salami. Pick up an assortment of cheeses at your local cheese shop or grocery store and serve with crackers.
5. Royal Design’s Happy Days Glass: These colorful glasses are made of a high-quality acrylic that won’t shatter by the pool.
6. Crate and Barrel’s To Go Containers: The perfect way to pack your meal, these colorful reusable containers look just like restaurant take-out boxes.
7. Crate and Barrel’s Collapsible Picnic Basket: This waterproof picnic basket is durable enough to survive multiple trips to the beach and adventurous picnics.
8. Built’s Wine Bottle Tote: Made of neoprene, this wine carrier keeps your favorite bottle chilled for up to four hours.
Not sure what to pack in your picnic basket? Try these recipes from Food & Wine: