Stock up on chocolate ice cream today for this national food holiday. Here are a few of our favorite brands of chocolate ice cream and suggestions for making a delicious sundae at home:
1. Haagen Dazs' Five Milk Chocolate: Pure milk chocolate is included in this simple ice cream made with only five ingredients. We like to drizzle dark chocolate sauce and crushed peppermint candies on top for a refreshing treat.
2. Friendly's Classic Chocolate: This chocolate ice cream is incredibly creamy and smooth. Top with toasted marshmallows and graham crackers for a s'more sundae.
3. Trader Joe's Ultra Chocolate Ice Cream: This rich and creamy ice cream has a strong dark chocolate flavor. Try it with brandy-soaked cherries and toasted almonds for a rich indulgence.
4. Turkey Hill's Dutch Chocolate: This smooth, easy-to-scoop ice cream is a refreshing treat on a hot summer day. Serve it as a sundae with whipped cream and crushed chocolate cookies.
5. Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Therapy: This new flavor is made with chocolate ice cream, chocolate cookies and swirls of chocolate pudding ice cream.