No more students, no more books . . . just lots of discounts for teachers at bed and breakfasts across the country this summer, thanks to a new program from BedandBreakfast.com.
Often overworked and most definitely underpaid, many teachers are lucky enough to have the summer months off, but the summer is the most expensive time of year to take a vacation. Participating bed and breakfasts in the Travel for Teachers program are offering a range of getaway specials starting at 25 percent off. Some B&Bs offer free nights while others offer teacher appreciation packages that include free massages, wine and other amenities.
More than 100 B&Bs are participating. Click here for all offers.
“We are honored to organize and offer this special promotion for teachers who give so much commitment and hard-earned time to our nation’s youth,” says Gregory Sion, general manager of BedandBreakfast.com. “We can’t think of anyone better who deserves a weekend of rest and rejuvenation than teachers, and we hope they will enjoy these special travel offers.”
A sampling of what’s available through the Travel for Teachers program:
- Inns offering 40 percent off regular rates, including: Pine Lodge Bed & Breakfast in Inglis, Fla.,The Inn of the Patriots in Grover, N.C., and The Garden Gables Inn in Lenox, Mass.
- Mount Victoria Bed & Breakfast Inn in Eureka Springs, Ark.: Two-night romantic getaway in luxury suite, two couples massages, and two all-day Eureka Springs trolley passes, for only $475 (normally $630).
- Jasones B&B and Restaurant in Marion, Ill.: Teachers Appreciation Girls Night Away package for four to six women, including complimentary bottle of sparkling wine with dinner, for $399 (normally $649). One-hour massages specially priced at $75.
- Farmers Guest House in Galena, Ill.: $100 off a two-night stay and a gift certificate for a wine tasting for two (a $300 value for only $188+ tax).
- The Coquina Inn Bed & Breakfast in Daytona Beach, Fla.: Two-night stay with complimentary chocolate-covered strawberries, for $189 (rates normally are $119 to $139 a night).
- The Twelve Oaks Bed & Breakfast in Covington, Ga.: Free in-room hot stone massage ($100 value) with stay.