Are you wracking your brains this holiday season, trying to find the perfect gift for a loved one? Forget the umpteenth millionth tie. Say no to the gilded nose-hair clippers, the ugly slippers and the scented body lotion. Try the gift of giving!
This holiday season, support world-class nonprofit organizations in their groundbreaking work to ensure healthy pregnancies and safe deliveries for women, through the Million Moms Fund. These dedicated organizations need your help in continuing their incredibly important work.
And not only will you get to feel great giving, but you can look good too; Johnson & Johnson wants to give back to you! For every donation you make over $10, Johnson & Johnson will send you (or your little one) a Million Moms Challenge t-shirt so you can wear your support as well!
Give the gift that uplifts for less than $25:
- Purchase with purpose and help transform the lives of moms and children in the U.S. and abroad with the sterling silver Million Moms Challenge charm necklace for $15. More than half the cost of the necklace will go to the Million Moms Fund, which supports world-class nonprofit organizations helping moms and babies.
- Holiday Sale!!! Wear your support for the Million Moms Challenge for $10. For a limited time only, your online donation of $10 to The Million Moms Fund on Global Giving will help support world-class nonprofit organizations in their groundbreaking work to ensure healthy pregnancies and safe deliveries for millions of women, and get you a Million Moms Challenge t-shirt.
- Every 20 seconds a child dies of a disease that could have easily been prevented with a vaccine. For $25, the UN Foundation’s Shot@Life Campaign will provide 3 vaccines to protect a child from pneumonia, the leading cause of death in children.
- The drought and famine crippling the Horn of Africa today has been called the worst humanitarian crisis in the last 20 years. Millions of children are in the midst of the critical 1,000 days that span from pregnancy to a child’s second year – when proper nutrition is essential for proper physical and mental development. For $20, the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) will provide home nutrition packets full of essential micronutrients to a child for one year.
- More than 250,000 women die each year in sub-Saharan Africa during pregnancy and childbirth, due to a lack of basic medical care. AMREF is expanding its maternal health programs to help stop these needless deaths. $20 can buy two “mama kits.” These lifesaving kits include surgical gloves and other basic supplies used by community midwives to ensure good prenatal care and safe deliveries for the women in their care.
- Tetanus is a painful disease that kills one newborn every nine minutes, or 160 babies each day. The disease, typically contracted through unhygienic childbirth practices, is swift, cruel and painful. But it is also highly preventable. For $18, you will can protect 10 mothers and their future newborns from tetanus by providing three doses of tetanus vaccine, injection supplies, training, health worker incentives, transportation, and more through “The Eliminate Project.”
Take Action: Find a way to give back this holiday season and help those who need it the most by visiting the Million Moms Challenge Fund. Also check out our gift guides for life-changing gifts under $50 and under $100.