ABC News’ Sunlen Miller reports: Barack Obama will appear on the "Late Show with David Letterman" tonight, where he will deliver the "Top Ten" list — entitled "Barack Obama’s Campaign Promises."
His appearance was taped from Beaufort, S.C., where he was campaigning today.
Below is the list:
10. To keep the budget balanced, I’ll rent the situation room for sweet sixteens.
9. I will double your tax money at the craps table.
8. Appoint Mitt Romney secretary of lookin’ good.
7. If you bring a gator to the White House, I’ll wrassle it.
6. I’ll put Regis on the nickel.
5. I’ll rename the tenth month of the year “Barack-tober.”
4. I won’t let Apple release the new and improved iPod the day after you bought the previous model.
3. I’ll find money in the budget to buy Letterman a decent hairpiece.
2. Pronounce the word nuclear, nuclear.
1. Three words: Vice President Oprah.
After delivering the list, Letterman thanked Obama. But Obama had one last joke in him. Sen. Obama replied, “Thank you so much, David, but you can’t muss my hair,” referring to Letterman messing up John Edwards’ hair during his appearance earlier this week.
This is Obama’s third appearance on the "Late Show" — and second as a presidential candidate. He appeared last on the show in April 2007. This, however, is his first delivery of the "Top Ten" list.