For discussion purposes only:
1. National security, national security, national security.
2. Record of actually working in a bipartisan way and taking risks to do so, unlike either Clinton or Obama.
3. If Obama is the nominee, win Latino voters.
4. If Clinton is the nominee, win independent voters.
5. Turn traditional media bias on its head by providing reporters far greater access.
6. Be a white man in a country that has only elected white men president.
7. Figure out a way to exploit fissures from the nasty Democratic race.
8. Push Democratic candidate to practice what he or she preaches by entering into public financing, thus eliminating money advantage.
Any other ideas? Once the Democrats pick a candidate we’ll do a reverse list.