Taking his health care reform push to the real world, President Obama hits, campaign-style, stops in Bristol, Virginia and Raleigh, North Carolina, in red states he turned blue last Fall.
Today he will outline eight specific consumer protections that he wants to be part of reform:
• no discrimination for pre-existing conditions,
• no exorbitant out-of-pocket expenses,
• no cost-sharing for preventive care,
• no dropping of coverage for serious illness,
• no gender discrimination,
• no annual or lifetime caps,
• extended coverage for young adults, and
• guaranteed insurance renewal.
Have you had problems with your insurance companies? Let us know what your experiences are below.