President Obama is taking his first full week of vacation since taking office in January and while his week will feature a lot of golf, family time and R&R, he is also planning to tackle an ambitious stack of books.
According to a spokesman, Obama brought five books up with him to Martha's Vineyard:
- The Way Home by George Pelecanos
- Hot Flat and Crowded by Tom Friedman
- Lush Life by Richard Price
- Plainsong by Kent Haruf
- John Adams by David McCullough
- Yunji de Nies, Stephanie Smith and Karen Travers