Interview with the President: All Necessary Steps Will Be Taken to Prevent Another Tragedy Like Ft. Hood

By Lindsey Ellerson

Nov 9, 2009 5:57pm

ABC News’ Sunlen Miller reports: During an exclusive broadcast interview today with ABC, the President reiterated that the nation is “heartbroken” by the Ft. Hood shootings last Thursday, but said there are many questions still to be answered.
 
“We are going to complete this investigation and we’re going to take whatever steps are necessary to make sure that something like this doesn’t happen again,” he said. Obama said it was important to let the investigation play itself out so the details as to how and why the rampage happened are known before he comments further. “I think the questions that we’re asking now and we don’t have yet complete  answers to is, is this an individual who’s acting in this way or is it some larger set of actor? You know, what are the motivations? Those are all questions that I think we have to ask ourselves,” he said. On Tuesday, Obama will attend a memorial service at Ft. Hood for the 13 killed in last week’s shooting. Read more from Jake Tapper’s interview with President Obama HERE. -Sunlen Miller

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer. Please click here to upgrade your browser in order to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus