Today’s criminal indictment of Umar Farouq Abdulmuttalab – who attempted to blow up Northwest flight 253 on Christmas Day — is for six counts, per ABC News’ Jason Ryan:
1) attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction;
2) attempted murder within an aircraft in the jurisdiction of the US;
3) willful attempt to destroy an aircraft within the jurisdiction of the US;
4) willfully placing a destructive device on an aircraft, which was likely to endanger safety of such aircraft;
5) possession of a firearm/destructive in furtherance of a crime of violence; and
6) possession of a firearm/ destructive in furtherance of a crime of violence.
The full indictment can be read HERE.