Pence Says He Won’t Run for Bayh Seat

Feb 15, 2010 1:27pm

ABC News' Jonathan Karl reports: Despite speculation to the contrary, Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN) says he will not run for the Senate seat being vacated by Sen. Evan Bayh (D-IN), standing by his decision last month to run again for re-election to the House. Here’s a new “I’m not running for Senate” statement from Pence spokesman Matt Lloyd:  ”After receiving considerable encouragement to run for the United States Senate last month, Mr. Pence made a decision to seek reelection to the House of Representatives and help lead a conservative comeback in 2010 and that decision stands. Mr. Pence’s decision was made irrespective of polls or Senator Bayh’s intention to seek re-election. Mr. Pence believes that Republicans will retake the House in 2010 and he counts it a privilege to be a part of the House Republican leadership during this historic election. Mr. Pence has filed for re-election to the 6th Congressional District of Indiana and will continue serve his constituents and help lead the effort to retake the House of Representatives.”   

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer. Please click here to upgrade your browser in order to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus