…and other details from his decision to send SEALs into Pakistan to kill the al Qaeda leader, from a chapter in ABC News’ new eBook “TARGET: Bin Laden – The Death and Life of Public Enemy Number One.”
Click below to learn more about:
• Bin Laden’s code name;
• The code name for his Abbottabad compound;
• The debate about whether to tell Pakistan;
• How the president shifted from favoring the B-2 strike to the heliborne assault;
• The development of the “fight-your-way-out” scenario, if everything went wrong;
• CIA Director Panetta’s last call to Special Forces: "Go in and find bin Laden, and if he's not there, get the hell out."
Read the chapter excerpt from ABC's "TARGET: Bin Laden" video eBook HERE.
Just a few days after President Obama gave the final green light for the mission to take down Osama bin Laden, ABC News rallied its newsgathering talent to tell the full story of Osama bin Laden in a new way.
“TARGET: Bin Laden,” by me and my colleagues Terry Moran, Martha Raddatz, Nick Schifrin and Brian Ross includes accounts of the May 1 operation that ended bin Laden’s life, and takes you from his early years as a jihadi, to the founding of al Qaeda, from bin Laden’s rise to infamy with his horrific acts of terrorism to the May 1 operation.
Check it out on:
Or Amazon Kindle: