Section 3: General Questions About Symptoms
- What Are Common Symptoms Of Autism?
- Is Autism Present From Birth?
- Autism vs. Asperger Syndrome Symptoms?
- Characteristics Unique To Autism?
- Can Autism Appear Later in Childhood?
- Developmental Milestones In Babies?
- Symptoms Of Autism In Babies, Toddlers?
- Normal For Babies To Stare At Lights?
- Toddler Imitating A Sibling With Autism?
- Which Autistic-Like Behaviors Are Okay?
- Book Comprehension In Kids With Autism?
- Is My Child Safe From Getting Autism?
- Signs Of Autism In A Preschooler?
- Signs Of Autism In Elementary School?
- Signs Of Autism Spectrum In A Teenager?
Dr. Marcie Hall answers the question: 'What Are Common Symptoms Of Autism?'
More Section 3: General Questions About Symptoms stories...
Section 2: Social Functioning
- Fundamental Problems In Social Behavior?
- Social Differences In Autism Versus AS?
- Areas Of Abnormal Socialization?
- Common Nonverbal Behaviors For Autism?
- Making Friends On The Autism Spectrum?
- Mental Retardation And Socialization?
- Communicating Needs On The Spectrum?
- What Is 'Joint Attention'?
- Social Reciprocity And Conversations?
Dr. Bauman answers the question: 'Fundamental Problems In Social Behavior?'
More Section 2: Social Functioning stories...
Section 3: Communication
- Are Communication Issues Present In All?
- Communication Problems In Verbal Kids?
- Examining Expressive Language Delay?
- Will My Child Ever Use Language?
- No Speech In First Five Years -- Autism?
- Understanding Language, Conversations?
- Monologic Speech And Asperger Syndrome?
- Signs Of Odd Language Use In Autism?
- Repeating Television/Radio Jingles?
- Trouble With Symbolic Language Concepts?
- Vivid Imaginations With Autism?
Dr. Hollander answers the question: 'Are Communication Issues Present In All?'
More Section 3: Communication stories...
Section 3: Other Atypical Behaviors
- Other Atypical Behaviors With Autism?
- Peculiar Topics Of Interest With Autism?
- Obsession With Carrying An Object?
- Minor Changes Causing Major Distress?
- Non-Functional Routines With Autism?
- Examples Of Repetitive Motion/Behaviors?
- Fascination With Irrelevant Details?
Dr. Stone answers the question: 'Other Atypical Behaviors With Autism?'
More Section 3: Other Atypical Behaviors stories...
Section 3: Associated Features
Section 3: Screening/Diagnosis & Testing
- What If I Think My Child Has Autism?
- How Do I Get A Response About My Child?
- Waiting For Odd Behaviors To Go Away?
- What About Problems Other Than Autism?
- Screening vs. Comprehensive Evaluation?
- Autism Diagnosis In Younger, Older Kids?
- Should I Request A Second Opinion?
- What About A School's Autism Evaluation?
- What Tests Are Used To Diagnose Autism?
- Benefits Of Genetic Testing For Autism?
- What Genetic Tests Are Done For Autism?
- Should Younger Siblings Be Tested?
- Screening Younger Siblings For Autism?
- Younger Autism Siblings Improving Later?
- Too Young To Be Tested For Autism?
Dr. Wiznitzer answers the question: 'What If I Think My Child Has Autism?'
More Section 3: Screening/Diagnosis & Testing stories...
Section 3: Seizures
- Autistic Children And Seizure Disorders?
- Could A Seizure Disorder Still Occur?
- Does One Seizure Lead To More Seizures?
- Staring Into Space vs. Absence Seizure?
- Neurological Evaluation For Seizures?
Dr. Marcie Hall answers the question: 'Autistic Children And Seizure Disorders?'
More Section 3: Seizures stories...
ABC News OnCall+ Autism
- ABC News OnCall+ Autism Center
- Index: Autism Basics
- Index: Autism Risk Factors and Prevention
- Index: Autism Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Index: Autism Treatment and Early Intervention
- Index: Living With Autism
- Autism Stories and Video From ABC News
Everything you need to know about autism from the nation's top experts.
More ABC News OnCall+ Autism stories...