Section 2: Risk Factors & Prevention - Family History & Genetics
- What Is The Risk A Child Will Develop Diabetes If A Parent Is Diabetic?
- Which Type Of Diabetes Is More Likely To Be Inherited And Why?
- Can I Get Diabetes Even If No One In The Family Has It?
- What Is The Current State Of Research For Genetic Testing For Diabetes?
Dr. David Altshuler answers the question: 'Diabetes risk for kids of diabetics?'
More Section 2: Risk Factors & Prevention - Family History & Genetics stories...
Section 2: Risk Factors & Prevention - Risk Factors
- What Is 'Metabolic Syndrome,' How Is It Related To Diabetes, And How Should It Be Treated?
- What Is The Relationship Between Age And Risk Of Developing Type 1 And Type 2 Diabetes?
- Does My Ethnicity Affect My Risk of Developing Diabetes?
- If I Had Diabetes During Pregnancy, Am I At An Increased Risk Of Developing Diabetes Later On? What About My Baby?
- Am I At An Increased Risk Of Developing Diabetes Because I Am Overweight?
- How Does A Lack Of Physical Activity Affect My Risk Of Developing Diabetes?
- Does Eating Sugar Or Other Kinds of Foods Affect My Risk Of Developing Type 2 Diabetes?
Dr. Ronald Goldberg answers the question: "What is 'metabolic syndrome'?"
More Section 2: Risk Factors & Prevention - Risk Factors stories...
Section 2: Risk Factors & Prevention - Prevention
- What Lifestyle Changes Will Lower My Risk of Developing Type 2 Diabetes?
- How Often Must I Exercise And What Kind Of Exercise Should I Do To Lower My Risk Of Developing Type 2 Diabetes?
- How Can I Prevent Type 1 Or Type 2 Diabetes?
- Is There A Special Diet Or Specific Eating Habits That Will Prevent My Developing Type 2 Diabetes?
- What Medicines Can I Take To Prevent Type 2 Diabetes And Why Shouldn't Everyone Take These Medicines, If They Work?
Dr. Einhorn answers the question: 'What Lifestyle Changes Lower Type 2 Risk?'
More Section 2: Risk Factors & Prevention - Prevention stories...
ABC News OnCall+ Diabetes
- ABC News OnCall+ Diabetes Center
- Section 1: Diabetes Basics
- Section 2: Risk Factors & Prevention
- Section 3: Symptoms & Diagnosis
- Section 4: Treatment
- Section 5: Living with Diabetes
- Diabetes News
Everything you need to know about diabetes from the nation's top experts.
More ABC News OnCall+ Diabetes stories...