|TV Boss Hints at 'Men' Star's Departure|
|Sheila Marikar||Dec 5, 2012, 5:01 AM|
David Livingston/Getty Images
Angus T. Jones' future with "Two and a Half Men" remains uncertain after his rant against the CBS sitcom went viral last week, but it's clear that a lot of people remain baffled by the 19-year-old actor's decision to call the show that pays him $350,000 an episode "filth," among them, CBS CEO Les Moonves.
"We took this boy who started with us when he was eight years old and it seems to be what happens with child stars over the course of time," Moonves said at a breakfast hosted by Wall Street Journal Tuesday. Video of Moonves' comments is posted on the Journal's website.
"He's now making over $300,000 per week, which is not a bad salary for a 19-year-0ld kid," Moonves said, "and he went on a religious channel and urged people not to watch the show because it was filth. By the way, he's still collecting his $300,000 per week."
Regarding whether or not Jones will stay on the show, Moonves said, "I don't know what our status is with him." But he added, "After going through what we went through with Charlie Sheen, it's been a piece of cake."
CBS and Warner Bros., the studio that produces "Two and a Half Men," have declined to officially comment on the situation, but a source close to the show told ABCNews.com that Jones isn't expected on set anytime soon because he doesn't appear in the next two episodes being filmed. His character, Jake Harper, recently joined the Army and hasn't appeared often this season.
If Jones does get the ax, he may find a new gig with Sheen, the "Two and a Half Men" star who was booted from the sitcom last year.
"My former nephew is welcome at the Goodson Anger Management home anytime," Sheen told ABCNews.com last week, inviting Jones to appear on his FX series, "Anger Management," in which he plays therapist Charles Goodson.
Sheen also said, "It is radically clear to me that the show is cursed," and called Jones' video testimonial against the show a "Hale-Bopp-like meltdown."