|Sundance 2013: The 5 Best Quotes|
|Sheila Marikar||Jan 20, 2013, 8:18 PM|
Credit: C. Flanigan/FilmMagic/Getty Images
PARK CITY, Utah - ABC News Now's "Popcorn With Peter Travers" is on the ground at the Sundance Film Festival talking up the celebrities who've descended on this quaint ski town to promote their movies (and, yes, do a little partying). Here are the best quotes we've gathered so far:
1. Octavia Spencer (star and co-executive producer, "Fruitvale") on still getting starstruck: "Meeting Oprah Winfrey, I cried like a baby. Meeting Steven Spielberg, I cried like a baby. Meeting Denzel Washington, I gushed like a crazy woman. If I don't get excited or starstruck by someone I've been dying to meet, it's time to retire."
2. Daniel Radcliffe (star, "Kill Your Darlings") on life after "Harry Potter": "There's this tendency to think that I want to shock people, but ['Kill Your Darlings'] is not a shocking film. It's a beautiful film and a powerful film and an emotionally fraught one, but I don't think it's shocking."
3. Dave Grohl (director, "Sound City") on why making a documentary about the iconic Van Nuys recording studio is the most important thing he's ever done: "People say, 'Well wait a minute you were in Nirvana and you sold a billion records.' Well f***king who cares how many records I sold?"
4. Joseph Gordon-Levitt (star and director, "Don Jon's Addiction") on the claim that his film about a porn addict is immoral: "If you want to talk about an immoral movie, those are the movies that are just blindly reinforcing these cliches of love at first site, first kiss … get married and ride off together into the sunset. It's systematically ruining people's lives."
5. Kristen Bell (star, "The Lifeguard") on being pregnant while filming sex scenes for "House of Lies": "They haven't toned down the sexuality of the show at all, they've just bought me bigger underwear."