|5 Things You Didn't Know About Calvin Klein Underwear Model Matthew Terry|
|Suzan Clarke||Feb 5, 2013, 6:18 AM|
Budweiser's Clydesdale commercial during Sunday night's Super Bowl may have tugged at heartstrings, but Calvin Klein's underwear ad featuring the chiseled physique of model Matthew Terry probably steamed up many viewers' TV screens.
"I really had no idea what could actually happen after the commercial hit. It was just an amazing experience," he said today on "GMA LIVE!"
For the black and white spot for Calvin Klein's new "Concept" underwear line, Terry was clad only in a pair of black briefs. The camera focused mainly on his toned arms, muscled legs and washboard abs as he performed a series of poses that showcased his body. To stay in camera-ready shape, Terry hits the gym religiously.
"I try to go to the gym at least five times a week," the model said on "Good Morning America." "Make it a part of my daily routine, like getting up and showering. You've also got to eat … Some people think going to the gym makes the whole thing, but you have to finish your workout with a good meal."
Since Terry has been the focus of so much buzz since the ad appeared, we've put together five facts you may not have known about the 21-year-old from Pennsylvania:
Calvin Klein/ABC News
Five Matthew Terry Facts
1. In an interview with Men's Health magazine, he said he was surprised at how much fun modeling is.
2. Terry is the new face of Calvin Klein Dark Obsession, a fragrance that launches in March, Philly.com reports.
3. He used to stock shelves in a supermarket and do odd jobs in construction.
4. He was discovered after his mother submitted his photos to a model search.
5. He loves cinnamon toast crunch, hates spiders and, according to his Twitter account ? @MrMattTerry, he's "not a fan of head games."
6. He has tweeted that he might be part Native American.