|The Robertsons Revealed: 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'Duck Dynasty'|
|Eliza Murphy||May 7, 2013, 8:12 AM|
The self-proclaimed rednecks of A&E's smash hit reality show, "Duck Dynasty," are everywhere, from the country music awards, to the White House Correspondents' Dinner, and even the top of ratings charts with more than 9.6 million people tuning in to their season 3 finale on April 24. And although the Robertson family, a close-knit clan who own and operate a thriving duck call and decoy business called Duck Commander, may be in the limelight, there are still a few things you might not know about them.
Here's a list of the top 10 fun facts you didn't know about Phil, Miss Kay, Uncle Si, Jase, Willie, Jep and their wives:
1. Jase, Willie and Jep actually have a fourth brother, Al. He's the oldest of the bunch, and may make a special appearance in the upcoming fourth season of the show.
2. Miss Kay's favorite meal to make is fried frogs, and apparently there are two ways to cook them. Jase recommends soaking them in lemon juice first, and Miss Kay says you can fry them or sauté them in butter to make them extra delicious.
3. Phil Robertson recently ran into his old football friend, Terry Bradshaw, at the airport. When the two men attended Louisiana Tech University, Robertson played first string quarterback ahead of Bradshaw.
4. Contrary to popular belief, the tea Uncle Si always drinks is unsweetened.
5. The "Duck Dynasty" clan appeared in Darius Rucker's "Wagon Wheel" music video, a remake of the popular Old Crow Medicine Show song.
6. Jase, Willie and Jep's wives actually do love their husband's beards, and prefer them to the "preppy look" the men used to have.
7. In addition to his huge truck seen on the show, Willie drives a camouflage BMW.
8. Miss Kay isn't the only "Miss" of the family. Everyone calls the women of the show by their first names, and adds "Miss" at the beginning. It's the proper Southern thing to do.
9. The Duck Commander warehouse actually has a store in it. People travel from all over to see the Robertsons, and sometimes hundreds of people are lined up outside at a time. The family claims to know which state is having Spring Break based on all the license plates in the parking lot.
10. Uncle Si's favorite way to eat dove is with cream cheese, jalapenos and wrapped in bacon, which is probably another Miss Kay specialty.