|Report: Jay-Z Quashes Baby Rumors|
|Luchina Fisher (@luchina)||May 20, 2013, 1:28 PM|
Win McNamee/Getty Images
Beyonce pregnancy rumors have reached a fevered pitch, and now, it seems, hubby Jay-Z is trying to douse them.
Program Director Ebro Darden of New York's Hot 97 said today on the radio that he heard from Jay-Z, 43, that reports of Beyonce, 31, being pregnant with their second child are false.
Darden, also known as Old Man Ebro, said he emailed Jay-Z on Friday to send his best wishes on Beyonce's reported second pregnancy, but the rapper responded Saturday by quashing the rumors.
"I emailed on some congratulations, send my love to the family, blah, blah, blah," Ebro said. "He emailed me back and said it's not true."
According to Darden, Jay-Z wrote: "It's not true. The news is worse than blogs."
A rep for Jay-Z did not immediately respond to ABCNews.com's request for comment.
Last week, both the New York Post and E! News, citing several sources, reported that Beyonce and Jay-Z were expecting their second child.
Pregnancy rumors reached an all-time high on Tuesday when the "Love On Top" singer, 31, canceled a concert in Belgium because of dehydration and exhaustion. The next day, she posted a handwritten apology on Facebook and added, "I'm feeling much better now and I'm ready to give you a great show." (The singer is currently in the middle of her Mrs. Carter world tour.)
Beyonce and Jay-Z welcomed daughter Blue Ivy in January 2012.