Advertisement
Cory Monteith Death: Disturbing New Hotel Room Details Revealed
PHOTO: Cory Monteith Cremated

The British Columbia Coroners Service released its final report yesterday on the death of "Glee" star Cory Monteith, stating a "spoon with drug residue and a hypodermic needle, along with two empty champagne bottles" were found in the hotel room where he died.

This new report added to previous findings that Monteith died of a mixture of alcohol and drugs - "intravenous heroin" to be exact.

Monteith was found dead on July 13 at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver.

Read: Cory Monteith Died of 'Mixed Drug Toxicity'

The report referred to Monteith's recent rehab stay earlier in the year, which might have lessened his tolerance to drugs.

Coroner Claire Thompson classified the death as an accident.

Monteith, 31, had a history of substance abuse. In 2011, he told Parade magazine that, at 19, he went to rehab, saying that he took "anything and everything" and was "lucky to be alive." This past April, his rep confirmed that he entered treatment once again for addiction.

Related: Should the Emmys Honor Cory Monteith?

Monteith, who played Finn Hudson on "Glee," was honored by co-star Jane Lynch at the 65th Emmy Awards on Sept. 22.

"Cory was a beautiful soul," Lynch said. "He was not perfect, which many of us here tonight can relate to, his death is a tragic reminder of the rapacious, senseless destruction that is brought on by addiction. Tonight we remember Cory for all he was, and mourn the loss of all he could have been."

(Photo Credit: Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic/Getty Images)

More ABC News