|Sarah Palin Out at Fox|
|By SHUSHANNAH WALSHE (@shushwalshe) and CHRIS GOOD (@c_good)||Jan 25, 2013, 5:34 PM|
Sarah Palin will no longer be a paid contributor to Fox News.
The former Alaska governor and the network have parted ways, a source close to Palin told ABC News. The same source said it was her decision to leave the network and that Fox offered her an opportunity to renew her contract.
In a statement from Fox News, Executive Vice President for Programming Bill Shine did not comment on whose decision it was to end the relationship, instead saying, "We have thoroughly enjoyed our association with Gov. Palin. We wish her the best in her future endeavors."
Palin originally signed on with Fox as a contributor in January 2010, when the network announced her hiring along with plans for her to "host periodic episodes of Fox News Channel's 'Real American Stories,' a series exploring inspirational real-life tales of overcoming adversity throughout the American landscape that will debut in 2010."
Since then, Palin has provided commentary on political topics, often criticizing Democrats and President Obama on Fox's programs.
In August, Palin complained on Facebook that the network had canceled her appearances during the Republican National Convention.
"I'm sorry Fox cancelled all my scheduled interviews tonight because I sure wanted to take the opportunity on the air to highlight Sen. John McCain's positive contributions to America, to honor him, and to reflect on what a biased media unfairly put him through four years ago tonight," Palin wrote. "Granted, our honored and esteemed war hero has gone through much more than the liberal media can ever do to him in their efforts to harm this patriot."
Palin had one of the most lucrative contracts at Fox, earning at least $1 million during her stint at the network.
News of Palin's departure was first reported by RealClearPolitics.com.