|Man Arrested After Wife 'Severely Injured' in Gas Station Fire|
|By ALEXIS SHAW (@ashaw109)||Nov 3, 2013, 3:33 PM|
A Georgia man is facing a reckless conduct charge after he started a fire at a gas station that "severely injured" his wife, authorities said.
Austin Dawkins, 37, of Clarkesville, Ga., was arrested and taken into custody at Habersham County Jail Saturday, according to jail records. He is being held without bond.
Dawkins was fueling his 2002 Ford F-250 at the Gulf Food Mart in Clarksville when he flicked a cigarette lighter near his gas tank and caused a fuel vapor explosion Oct. 16, according to a Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner news release.
Dawkins' wife, Jessica, 30, was standing next to her husband when the incident occurred, the news release said. She suffered second-and third degree-burns to her legs, arms, back and head.
Jessica Dawkins was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital for treatment, Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner spokesman Glenn Allen told ABCNews.com.
She was released home a week ago.
Dawkins sustained minor injuries to his hands, according to the news release.
A warrant was issued for Dawkins' arrest Friday, the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner news release said. The case was turned over to the Habersham District Attorney's Office for prosecution.
An arraignment for Dawkins is scheduled for Monday, Allen said. Reckless conduct is a misdemeanor with a maximum penalty of a year in prison and a fine of up to $1,000.
ABC News' was unable to reach Jessica Dawkins for comment.