|Why Jennifer Lawrence May Take Year Off|
|By LUCHINA FISHER (@luchina)||Feb 26, 2014, 3:11 PM|
It looks like Jennifer Lawrence may have been serious when she said she was planning to turn off her cell phone for a year after wrapping the final "Hunger Games" movie.
After Lawrence told Empire magazine earlier this month, "I get little breaks here and there. But on the last day of 'Hunger Games,' I'm going to turn my phone off for a year," Harvey Weinstein told the British newspaper the Sun on Sunday that Lawrence would be taking a year-long break from Hollywood.
"Jennifer is too nice and will do people favors and agrees to do a movie 'like American Hustle' when she could have had a rest," Weinstein told the Sun. "She signed on to do 'Hunger Games' when she was young and wouldn't have realized how much it would dominate her life. But she's a professional and always will be."
Added Weinstein, the producer of "Silver Linings Playbook," for which Lawrence won the best actress Oscar last year, "It's been non-stop for her and she deserves a rest."
Lawrence has seemed to work steadily since her breakout role in 2010's "Winters Bone," for which she was nominated for an Academy Award.
But even she realizes that too much of good thing can be bad. In November, she predicted a backlash.
"I feel like I'm becoming way too much and need to calm the hell down and step back," she told The Huffington Post. "Everybody is very fickle. They like me now, but I'm going to get really annoying really fast. Just watch."
Lawrence, who recently rekindled her romance with her "X-Men" co-star Nicholas Hoult, also wants some time to work on her personal relationships.
"I've built my career. I need to build my human life," she told USA Today in December. "I need to get a house and connect to the people around me and not work for a little while."