|5 Things to Know This Morning: Dog Dilemma|
|By ABC NEWS||Mar 17, 2014, 6:42 AM|
Your look at the five biggest and most buzz-worthy stories of the morning.
1. Dog That Mauled 4-Year-Old Gets Online Support A dog that mauled a 4-year-old Phoenix boy has received thousands of pleas for mercy through a Facebook campaign ahead of a court hearing to decide his fate.
2. Searchers Relying on Satellite Data to Find Plane Finding a missing Malaysia Airlines plane may hinge on whether searchers can narrow down where they need to look using satellite data that is inexact and has never been used for that purpose before, search and rescue experts say.
3. Police Tactics Under Fire in Oscar Pistorius Murder Trial The South African Police Service's handling of crucial evidence in the Oscar Pistorius murder investigation is expected to come under fire again this week as the Olympian's trial enters its third week.
4. You Got the Luck of the Irish: You’re a Redhead! Redheads, as they say, wear the map of Ireland all over their faces. Sorry, ginger-haired English Prince Harry. And the statistics bear that stereotype out. Anywhere from 10 to 30 percent of all the world’s redheads live in Ireland, according to Eupedia, a website that explores European genetics and ancestry. An equal number also lives in Scotland and other pockets of Celtic pride. Slightly fewer hail from Cornwall in England and western parts of Switzerland.
5. 'Dancing With The Stars' Amy Purdy Says 'Only True Disability Is In Our Minds' "Dancing With The Stars" returns for its 18th season tonight and the new crop of celebrity talent features some strong competition. The cast includes two Olympic gold medalists, a former NHL star and a swimming legend. But don't count out double-amputee snowboarding champ Amy Purdy, who said doing the dance competition show "wasn't a tough choice at all."