An Alabama water park has temporarily closed after a parasite that can survive for days in chlorinated water was found in the area, according to park officials. The Spring Valley Beach Water Park in Blountsville, Alabama, was closed this weekend after health officials traced a parasite called
Health officials say hotel pools and hot tubs are a major source of the illnesses people get from swimming
Think a chlorinated pool is a safe, sterile place? Think again. There are a few dangers lurking in a shared pool, whether at a gym, a community center or even a fancy resort. In fact, outbreaks of illnesses from hot tubs and pools have been increasing in recent years, with 90 outbreaks causing
A hardy parasite has led federal health officials to warn pool goers to be careful in the water this summer. Outbreaks related to pools, hot tubs and other recreational uses of water can be dangerous, and according to a new report released today, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
As families flock to pools and lakes to cool off, experts are warning about a risky consequence of climate change: waterborne disease. Just last week, a 9-year-old girl from Johnson County, Kansas, died from primary amoebic meningoencephalitis , an extremely rare but almost invariably fatal brain
Kids love wading pools and playgrounds with sprinklers, but so do parasites. A new report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention links recreational water parks to a record 134 outbreaks of cryptosporidiosis in two years. That’s 13,966 cases of watery diarrhea. ...
You probably already know that going for a swim within 30 minutes of chowing down on a sandwich isn't going to cause you to cramp up and sink helplessly to the bottom of the pool. But there's plenty more lame summertime advice that you might still believe. We set the record straight. MYTH: Peeing
The CDC says there are up to 20 stomach bug outbreaks a year blamed on pools.
Think Twice Before You Jump In! 'GMA' Goes Undercover to Check Pool Cleanliness