Billboard Warns About 'Brain-Eating' Amoeba After Family Loses Son
The Gompf family posted a billboard in Tampa in honor of their son, Phillip Gompf, who died from meningitis caused by Naegleria fowleri in 2009.
Teen Dies After Contracting Brain-Eating Amoeba
A young woman died this week in Ohio after being infected by Naegleria fowleri, commonly called a brian-eating amoeba.
CDC Warns of Outbreak of Elizabethkingia Infection
Wisconsin officials are investigating the rare blood infection that has killed at least 18 people and sickened dozens of others.
College Admission Standards Changing to Emphasize Community Service
As high school students wait to find out if they got accepted, dozens of schools announcing wide sweeping reforms.
California Newborns May Have Been Exposed to Tuberculosis
A nurse working for the hospital may have exposed newborns, their mothers and other workers to the potentially deadly disease.
CDC Alert Says Lyme Disease on the Move in 17 States
Find out important information you need to know about this crippling disease to keep loved ones safe.
Softball Player's Mysterious Death Attributed to Meningitis
After coming out as they filed into this small rule that program high school decide a poster. Honoring their loss classmate. And kids have been coming up all day with different ideas to. Had a memory of Madison and Madison small bases impossible to forget she was never mean can always nice to me
Avril Lavigne on Her Struggle With Lyme Disease
She had a revelation that she's been struggling with Lyme disease. A five-month battle after being bedridden. Sometimes she can't even talk or more and Paula Faris has her story. ♪ Make things so complicated ♪ Reporter: This morning rock star Avril Lavigne opening up about recent health
Amy Purdy Opens Up About Near-Death Experience
The bronze medalist paralympian tells the story of her near-death experience in the new book, “On My Own Two Feet.”
Flu Virus Kills Three Children in Minnesota
A particularly potent strain of the flu virus has claimed the lives of three children in Minnesota, and it has hospitalized at least seven more.