Grieving Parents Hope to Educate on Food Allergies

Natalie Giorgi Sunshine Foundation honors 13-year-old who died of an allergic reaction to peanuts.
0:56 | 08/29/13

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

More information on this video
Enhanced full screen
Explore related content
Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Grieving Parents Hope to Educate on Food Allergies
The parents of a thirteen year old girl who died after eating -- treat made with peanuts on a camping trip are launching a foundation. Promoting food allergy awareness. -- Georgie was on a family trip in June when she bit into a rice crispy treat not realizing it was made with peanuts. She received immediate medical attention and three epi pens but -- Natalie eventually went into cardiac arrest she died on the way to the hospital. Her parents are hoping -- foundation can prevent future tragedies. That. -- would be thrilled. To know that. Because of her people aren't stopping to think about -- -- -- can never took that child's food allergy seriously. She'd she'd like that and we. Hope that five years from now we're going to be looking back and saying what a difference. Natalie made in so many people's lives. The fund is called the Natalie G -- Sunlight Foundation.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"id":20111451,"title":"Grieving Parents Hope to Educate on Food Allergies ","duration":"0:56","description":"Natalie Giorgi Sunshine Foundation honors 13-year-old who died of an allergic reaction to peanuts.","section":"GMA","mediaType":"Default"}