When asked for his reaction to the FTC's news on Thursday, Burk said, "This is an amazing number of charges brought against different companies."
"It shouldn't have to be this way, but it is good there is being action taken against scam artists."
Last year, two defendants from Timeshare Mega Media were banned from the business and from telemarketing by the FTC. Default judgments were entered against the other defendants.
In settlements, defendants agree to abide by the court order and are not admitting that they broke the law.
Pasquale "Posh" Pappalardo is accused of helping run Timeshare Mega Media and is under a federal indictment for mail and wire fraud. His attorney, Neil Taylor, said the case is pending trial in Ft. Lauderdale in August and the company is no longer operating. He provided a statement to ABC News:
"Pasquale Pappalardo's position has always been and remains he was not an active participant in the business at all," the statement says. "He was an investor and on multiple occasions directed the principals to play straight."