Transcript for Hannah Storm On Burn Accident, Daughter's Heroism
with the very latest on that terrifying accident for espn's hannah storm. She faced a wall of fire from her backyard grill. And a terrifying accident that left her with second-degree and third-degree burns. She made a remarkable recovery. And appeared on the air with me yesterday morning. Take a look. It was a cold, wintry december night. And espn anchor, hannah storm was rushing to get dinner on her table for the kids. We have a propane grill. I went outside to light it to cook the meat. Went back inside. It was a windy night. The flames had been blown out that I ignited. So, I turned the gas off. I went to re-ignite. And there was an explosion. A wall of fire, like something you see in a movie. It came right at me. An explosion so powerful and fierce. It literally blew the doors of the grill off. I looked down and I saw I was on fire. And that's -- you know, that's a terrible feeling. So, I yelled inside to my daughter, mommy is on fire. Call 911. Reporter: Her daughter, rushed to her side. Nothing phases her. To have a calm person like that, in that kind of situation, is unbelievable. My other daughter, who was home, was so terrified. She couldn't even look at me. She was huddled with our dog in another room. Reporter: And the unknown. Wondering what she would see when she could see herself again. What I saw in the mirror was scary. I looked completely disfigured. Lost a lot of my -- good bless the nurse who cut off my hair off. This is all fake. I had my kids changing my bandages. Come on. Leaving little sticky notes. This is when you take this pill, mommy. My middle daughter, you know, washing my hair for me. Released from the hospital, she spent weeks recovering at home. And after hours in the makeup chair, with hair extensions and a bandaged left hand, she made a brave return to tv sooner than we could have imagined. My friends really came through. I don't know if I could have done this day with anyone other than you. Thank you. Reporter: The feeling is mutual. It has never, ever been better to see you. Happy new year. Happy new year, josh. Dear, dear friend of mine. I worked with her for years. We co-anchored "sportscenter" together in the mornings. She told me, though, this is important to note. What happened is the propane in the tank, it's heavier than air. Especially in the winter. It doesn't just blow away in the winds. She thought she had stepped away, everything had blown out. When she went to light it again, the propane had lingered. Theres a lot of warning signs on grills now. Wait at least 15 minutes, if the same thing happens before you re-ignite. It's important for people to understand that so what happened to hannah doesn't happen to them. Everybody would have done that. You have to be really careful. It was wonderful to see her. She looks great. She looks great. She is great.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.